There are many things in the world that are investigated, has to be investigated and will be investigated. But will the work be complete after doing investigating equipment? The answer is in fact is 'NO', as the way to communicate the result is not so easy. There lies a systematic method of scientific approach that consists of principles and empirical methods, phenomena, hypothesis, experiment demonstration etc. Hence we need the scientific investigation.
The scientific investigation definition is given as "Scientific investigation is a systematic way in which the scientists or researchers approach to answer the questions and communicate the result to the people around the world. It involves Questioning, Hypothesis, Experimentation, Analyzing it and Conclusion."
The scientific investigations are decided by the five steps. Without it, it would be impossible for any scientist to replicate the experiment. These standard steps ensure that the test is being impartial and the result is based on proper research.
1) Questioning - It is a first step of any scientific investigation. While understanding a concept you get into lot of doubts, problems etc. In questioning the problem is exhibited in the form of questioning.
2) Gathering Information - The next step is gathering out the information. It is the way to do back ground research where science journals and some similar experiments are referred to come to an inference. It is also known as way to perform back ground research.
3) Hypothesis - The Hypothesis is the kind of prediction of outcome based on studying the information. It is a kind of educated guess that tells what results are expected by the experiment.
4) Test the hypothesis - The hypothesis is tested by designing proper experimental tool. Following proper guidelines the experiment is performed and results are tested.
5) Conclusion - The data collected in the experiment decides whether the experiment works proves or disproves the result. Hence we get the conclusion which either proves or disproves the hypothesis.
Kids in their early ages are often fond of experimenting things. Each kid has a sort of creativity, enthusiasm and initiation. There is a place where these natures are being appreciated. This is a world of moving technology. But it’s very important to realize how these technology works. There is lots of information in science that has to be communicated which motivates a child to learn science. The technology acts as a tool for it. Suppose a child reads a physics lesson it may not be able to grasp it. But if the teacher demonstrates the cause and effect relationship by using experimenting tool likes a toy car, a telescope, a magnet, balloon etc. The child gets to know why it happens, how it happens etc. And even when a child is given a chance to perform a experiment it will gain its own practical experience. It enhances the mental ability and questioning in child. This way of scientific thinking is what we call developing scientific ideas.
Scientific investigation inculcates in child a sort of scientific ideas. It helps it to get the ability to perceive problems, guess out the possible answers, Check out whether the ideas work out during testing and communication. It develops a critical awareness of science and community. This nature helps the child as they as adult can grow out wonderfully by doing very well in science, working out on problem solving using basic science ideas etc.
1) Here are list of questions that may help the child to get scientific ideas
2) Why does acid rain happen?
3) Why do people prefer to wear light colour clothes during summer?
4) Why solar cookers are are coated with black inside?
5) Do the food we eat effects the heart beat?
6) Why sky is blue?
7) Do the worms present in soil help to grow plant?
8) How the waves are produced?
9) Why the bubble gum does produce bubble when blown?
10) Why ice does melt soon when pressed by hand?
There are simple things around that we would to experiment on sometimes. These simple experiments performed by the kids improve their potential and ability to think. Some of the scientific investigation examples are:
1) Using cooking oil as a substitute to diesel
2) Producing soap using guava
3) Preparing wine out of grape juice
4) Creating salt out of chemicals
5) Getting ice by using steam
6) Produces bubbles out of soap foam
7) Changing the colour of chemicals by performing the reactions.